A powerful blend of active ingredients uniquely formulated in a clay base which assists in the even and rapid penetration of the actives. Most appropriate to improve the appearance of uneven skin colour in all skin types.
pHformula M.E.L.A. mask is an active clay mask containing quick-acting ingredients that help improve the appearance of dark marks. Suitable for hyperpigmentation. (2 x 20ml tubes).
Key ingredients include 4-Butylresorcinol which inhibits melanogenesis by suppressing tyrosinase synthesis and activity. Lactobionic Acid is a gentle Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA), which helps restore the skin’s protective barrier with the added benefit of mild exfoliation. Phytic Acid has an antioxidant effect, inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase, and has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. Mandelic Acid inhibits the tyrosinase process and blocks melanin production which causes pigmentary changes in the skin. Retinol regulates cellular differentiation and stimulates the synthesis of collagen and elastin. Salicylic Acid, an effective keratolytic, helps to stimulate cellular turnover giving the skin a healthy-looking glow.
How to use
- Apply a thin layer of the M.E.L.A. mask to a clean, dry skin.
- Tube 1: Use once every 3 weeks for a mild skin activity
Begin by leaving the mask on for up to 5 minutes. Mild temporary tingling may occur.
- Tube 2: For more skin activity use once per week
If the skin can tolerate apply a second even layer after 5 minutes and leave on for a further 5 minutes.
- Always remove the mask by cleansing with Exfo Cleanse to remove all traces of the mask and pat dry. Follow with a suitable moisturiser.
- For maximum strength home treatment, use the phformula Dermabrasion 2 days before using the M.E.L.A mask.
- If severe irritation develops during the 5 minutes cleanse the skin with the E.X.F.O. cleanse immediately, pat dry and moisturize the skin.
- Sun alert: This product may increase skin’s sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. Apply a sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using this product.
Dr Webster’s Recommendation: pHformula M.E.L.A Mask contains a multitude of potent tyrosinase inhibitors to help treat hyperpigmentation disorders such as melasma, age spots, and UV-induced hyperpigmentation. This fast-acting mask is excellent for cellular rejuvenation and skin radiance. Due to the potency of this mask, usage should be levelled up. Start by introducing the first tube once every 3 weeks, and then progress to using the second tube once a week.
Recommended for all skin and prototypes.
Phytic Acid Retinol
20ml x 2